Find free COVID-19 testing sites
Minneapolis Health Department free COVID-19 saliva testing sites
Everyone is welcome. You do not need to register ahead of time. The COVID-19 test is free.
About the saliva test
The saliva test is just as accurate as the nasal swab test. It checks whether you have COVID-19 right now and can spread it to others. It is not an antibody test that looks for whether you have had COVID-19 in the past.
- Do not eat, chew, or drink anything (even water) for at least 30 minutes before you take your test.
- Both adults and children can use these tests. The tests might not work well for children under age 4 who may not have enough saliva. An adult 18 or older must request a test for a child.
- Saliva testing may not be right for those with low saliva production, such as young children or someone who has suffered a stroke.
COVID-19 testing events April and May 2021
- Sanctuary Covenant Church, 710 W Broadway Ave
Noon to 3 p.m.
Friday, April 23 and 30
Friday, May 7, 14 and 21
At-home saliva testing kits
The Minneapolis Health Department is offering free at-home COVID-19 saliva testing kits for Minneapolis residents.
Once you place an order for a testing kit, one of our staff members will contact you for additional information. They will help you decide which test kit is the best fit for you and review the instructions for how to take the test.
Minnesota Department of Health COVID-19 testing
COVID-19 testing by community clinics
- Native American Community Clinic, 1213 East Franklin Avenue
2 p.m. on Tuesdays
Appointments are required
To make an appointment call 612-872-8086
- Southside Community Health Services, 324 East 35th Street
2 to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday
Expect results in two to three days
Same day testing can be done for health care workers, first responders and essential workers
Call 612-827-7181 to schedule an appointment
Other Minnesota testing sites
If you cannot attend one of these testing events, you can use this this State of Minnesota directory to find other testing locations.