Streets, sidewalks and utilities

We issue permits related to the public infrastructure of the city.


Public Works issues permits related to the public infrastructure of the City. Most of these permits fall into the following categories:

  • Construction
  • Parking
  • Right-of-way or encroachment
  • Street use
  • Utilities
  • Water

The Minneapolis Department of Regulatory Services issues permits related to private development. Information about private development permits can be found in building construction permit information

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Public Works


City Hall
350 S. 5th St., Room 203
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Office hours

Open to the Public by Appointment