Animal-related businesses

Animal-related businesses must be licensed by the City.

Here are the applications for a new animal-related business license:

License applications

  • Carnival  A traveling show with acts, games, vending machines, or amusement rides.  
  • Circus  A traveling show with acrobats, clowns, entertainers and/or trained animals.
  • Horse and Carriage Livery Services:  A horse-drawn carriage for hire.  
  • Pet Shop  (Commercial Animal Care Provider): The sale, grooming, breeding, or any other care of animals, reptile, fish or birds.

Before you begin, look at our instructions about how to apply for a business license.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Minneapolis Health Department




Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 520
Minneapolis, MN 55415