* This study was completed and published on May 31, 2016. View the final report. .
Why was this study done?
This planning study examined one-way, two-way, and hybrid roadway configurations along the Hennepin and First Avenue corridors with consideration for quality of life, access, safety, connectivity, and mobility for all modes of travel. The study was coordinated amongst City, County, MnDOT, and Metro Transit staff to identify draft roadway concepts and document impacts (i.e., pros and cons) associated with any potential implementation.
There was particular attention to the following elements
- Access to and from primary destination points,
- Innovative pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure,
- Providing a safe environment for all travel modes,
- Alignment with future development plans,
- Changes in traffic operations and parking demand,
- Existing and planned transit service, and
- Consideration of travel through the study area.
Key study tasks
- Data Collection
- Existing Conditions Inventory and Analysis
- Alternatives Analysis
- Traffic Operations Analysis
- Concept Development and Evaluation
- Documentation and Final Report
This study was conducted over the course of twelve months, between May 2015 and April 2016.