Strategic and Racial Equity Action Plan
With this plan, we seek to:
- Make our workforce more diverse and spend money with more types of businesses
- Use data that looks at different races when making decisions
- Better connect with different communities through boards and commissions
This plan will help us decide where to make policies and put our resources. It is a big step forward in making Minneapolis better for everyone.
Racial Equity Impact Analysis
The Racial Equity Impact Analysis (REIA) is a process we use in the City of Minneapolis. We started using REIA as part of the SREAP plan.
REIA helps us think about how our decisions affect people of color, through our:
We use this process when:
- Making new laws or changing existing ones.
- Changing city policies.
- Appointed Boards and Commissions use it to see how their recommendations affect racial equity.
The REIA helps us make better decisions every day by keeping racial fairness in mind.