Key Policy Elements
• Establishment of a modal priority framework to inform City transportation related decision making that prioritizes people as they walk, bicycle, and take transit over people when they drive.
• All city transportation related decisions will follow the Complete Streets policy and implementation will encompass all elements within the public right-of-way.
• All transportation projects are subject to the process laid forth by the policy and implementation will be documented through the completion of the project delivery checklist.
• Application of the policy shall apply to all public and private projects and initiatives that interact with and impact the public right-of-way.
• Exemptions will be required from the City Council where adopted City plans and goals identify facilities for prioritized modes and are not include in proposed projects.