Business licenses

We can help you complete licensing requirements for your Minneapolis business.

Certificates of Liquor Liability Insurance

The State of Minnesota Alcohol and Gambling Enforcement Division requires that Certificates of Liquor Liability Insurance must be specific to the license period. "Continuous until canceled” will no longer be accepted by the State.

Therefore, in order for your alcohol license renewal to be accepted as complete, your certificate of insurance needs to read as follows:

  • Series 1000. January 1 (current year) to January 1 (following year).
  • Series 2000. April 1 (current year) to April 1 (following year).
  • Series 3000. July 1 (current year) to July 1 (following year).
  • Series 4000. September 1 (current year) to September 1 (following year).

Your alcohol license renewal will be returned as incomplete if the Certificate of Insurance doesn’t meet these requirements.

File a business complaint

Learn how to file a complaint about a business

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415