CPED administers a number of programs for the development and preservation of affordable and mixed-income rental and ownership housing. Funds are targeted to meet City housing priorities, including supportive/special needs, senior, large family, long-term/perpetual affordability, corridor/transit/density, and mixed-use. Preservation of currently affordable housing is a top priority for insuring continuing housing affordability in the city.
CPED’s housing division:
- Provides financing and administers programs for housing development, preservation, stabilization, and rehabilitation,
- Provides financing for home improvement and home mortgages through vendor contracts,
- Administers programs to return vacant lots and vacant and/or boarded structures to the City's housing supply,
- Undertakes initiatives to remove obstacles, promote growth, and support private sector housing development efforts, and
- Encourages and supports private market activity in the production and preservation of housing for all income levels.
Please be aware that subordination requests on Home Ownership and Home Improvement loans are subject to the following application fees:
- Loans serviced by the City of Minneapolis - $125
- Loans serviced externally by Community Reinvestment Fund - $325