View the Renter Opportunity to Purchase (OTP) Ordinance presentation .
A draft version of the ordinance will be added to the website by late November. The included slides describe:
- Key components of the proposed ordinance
- Criteria for determining which properties are subject to the ordinance
- Timeline and process for impacted real estate transactions
- Ordinance phase-in and implementation timeline
- Benefits of the ordinance for renters and property owners
The draft version of the ordinance has not yet been approved by policymakers, and is subject to further revision prior to policymaker consideration.
Read the Renter Opportunity to Purchase (OTP) draft ordinance
Note: the draft ordinance was finalized on November 23, 2021. During the ordinance development process, an earlier version of the draft was published several days prior.