Each commercial vehicle must work for a company that has either:
- Current motor carrier insurance
- Appropriate insurance as a private carrier
The vehicle must have the commercial permit permanently affixed to the vehicle.
- Affix permits on each side of the vehicle between the wheel well and the front door at wheel height.
- All permit numbers must correspond to the vehicle license number on the approved application form.
- If you attach the commercial permit or decal in a way that allows easy removal, the City will suspend the permit.
The vehicle must properly display the name of the company for which it works.
- If professionally produced, the sign can be a temporary, such as a magnetic sign.
- This identification must appear on the front door of both sides of the vehicle.
- The lettering must be 2 to 2 1/2 inches in height.
The company must:
- Register the vehicle
- Notify Traffic & Parking Services when a permit is no longer valid
- $400.00 a year (includes up to five permits)
- $20.00 a year for each additional permit
- $12.00 for a temporary 30-day permit
- $11.00 for a replacement permit
The permit fee is for a 12-month period. Permits expire on their anniversary date.
Permits issued before the last five working days of a month:
- Include that month.
- Expire one year from the last day of the previous month.
Permits issued in the last five working days of a month:
- Will be treated as if they were issued on the first day of the following month.
- Will expire one year from the last day of the month in which they were issued.
Submit your application
If you have questions, contact:
Traffic & Parking Services
ABM Parking Offices
33 North 9th Street
Minneapolis, MN 55403
10 a.m. to 2 p.m., Monday through Friday