Before you begin
See How to open a new business
- You must provide a surety bond with your application.
- Class A tow truck companies need a $10,000 bond from the City.
See Minneapolis $10,000 bond form
- See Tow Truck Class A application
- See Tow Truck Class B, C, or D application
- See Tow truck Driver application
An electronic photo and company authorization are required with your application.
View a list of maximum rates a company can charge for its services
Submit your application
Submit your application to Business Licenses & Consumer Services
If you have questions, contact:
Report concerns about a business
The information on this page should serve only as guidelines.
Request accessible format
If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.
Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Business Licenses & Consumer Services
Community Planning & Economic Development
Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday