Before you begin
Companies must have a central place of business within 12 miles of Minneapolis City Hall.
Drivers may accept passengers only through the mobile app.
Drivers may not:
- Look for potential passengers
- Accept passengers standing near their car
- Drop off passengers at taxi stands, bus zones or no stopping zones
Contact the rideshare company if you're interested in becoming a driver.
Schedule annual inspections at an authorized garage.
Keep your inspection report in your car.
Keep proof of insurance in your car.
Display the company emblem on your windshield and car window:
- Lyft is a pink, square “lyft” sticker.
- Uber X is a black, square “UBER” sticker.
Submit your application
If you have questions, contact: