City lane use permits

We explain how to get an obstruction permit or to request hooding of parking meters.

How to get a permit

Applicants must use the City's Right of Way Permitting System to get a permit to:

  • Post no parking signs
  • Hood parking meters

Apply for a permit using the Right of Way Permitting System 

New applicants

All applicants must register for a new account on the Right of Way Permitting System

Obstruction Permit instructions

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Public Works


City Hall
350 S. 5th St., Room 203
Minneapolis, MN 55415
Office hours

Open to the Public by Appointment