License and permit applications

We share temporary license and permit applications.


Before you begin, look at our instructions about how to apply for a business license.

View our sample outdoor diagram .

Temporary Extended Hours : Any licensed business that does not serve alcohol may stay open than regular hours.

Temporary On-Sale 3.2 Beer  (Liquor or Wine ): Charitable, religious, non-profit organizations, microdistilleries and breweries may serve beer (liquor or wine) at an event.  A licensed on-sale beer, liquor, or wine business must provide liquor insurance and servers. Example: Fundraising events. 


Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415


Minneapolis 311


Office hours

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday