If you plan to sell or give away items at your event, you may need a permit.
- You may need a license. You must submit an application at least 14 business days before an event. You will receive an ID badge.
- Solicitors do not need a license:
- You must register with the City.
- You will receive an ID badge.
- We do not charge a fee to register.
- Non-commercial advocates do not need to apply or register. You do not need an ID badge.
- If you are selling or giving away food or beverages, you need a short-term food permit.
- The City of Minneapolis may prohibit activities near specific sites on public property:
- Product sampling
- Selling or free distribution of merchandise
- Transient merchant activities
- See Transient Merchant license application
- See Short term food permits
Submit your application
- See how to get help at the City of Minneapolis service center
- Submit applications to Kristina Stichter