You need a permit to close sidewalks, parking lanes, bike lanes or traffic lanes.
Steps to get a permit
- Visit the Right-of-way permitting system (roway) to request a permit
- Register yourself or your company.
- Once approved, apply for the permit:
- Request dates needed
- Explain why you need a permit
- Let us know if you need to hood parking meters or post no parking
The permit is free.
You may have to pay for:
- Money lost from parking meters
- Traffic control agents
Dee Ann McQuerry
Public Works Traffic and Parking Services Division
Hawthorne Transportation Center
33 Ninth St. N., Room 100
Minneapolis, MN 55403-1326