Alcohol temporary permit

Apply for a temporary alcohol permit for an event.


Certain types of organizations can apply for a temporary alcohol permit for fundraising and other events:

  • Charitable
  • Non-profit
  • Religious
person serving Champagne in glasses


We require insurance.

See the temporary liability insurance certificate


Sell 3.2 beer at events

See Temporary On-Sale 3.2 Beer Application

Sell wine and beer at events

See Temporary On-Sale Wine Application  

Sell liquor, wine and beer at events

See Temporary On-Sale Liquor Application


Find your license fee

Submit your application

Submit your application to Business Licenses & Consumer Services

If you have questions, contact:

person using disc jockey equipment

Temporary expansion

If you already have an on-sale liquor, wine or beer license, you can apply to make a temporary change. You can upgrade entertainment, expand your premises and stay open later.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415


Minneapolis 311


Office hours

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday