Police Contract Negotiations Findings Report
What to know
The current contract between the City of Minneapolis and the Police Officers Federation of Minneapolis ends soon. During this collective bargaining process, the City held listening sessions with the community. The City appreciates the thoughtful comments and input that was received. We have compiled a report of the community input and findings.
The discussions focused on these topics:
- Recruitment and retention
- Mental health
Summary of findings
The findings related to collective bargaining for the new police contract include:
- Two separate bargaining units. One for Police officers and another for the Sergeants and Lieutenants.
- Increases in compensation to attract quality candidates.
- On-going mental health evaluation.
- Increased mental health benefits.
Read the full report for more details.