Requirements and resources
Person in Charge duties
The Person in Charge (PIC) must notify the local health department or the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) if any food employees have:
- Hepatitis A virus
- Shiga toxin-producing E. coli
- Another bacterial, viral or parasitic pathogen
Employee illness resources
Here are employee illness logs and a flyer to share with employees.
- Employee illness log in English
- Employee illness log in Spanish
- Employee illness log in Chinese
- Employee Illness Decision Guide (MDH)
- Employee Do Not Work flyer (MDH)
Sick and safe time
City-licensed food businesses can ask why an employee is calling in sick. The Minneapolis Sick and Safe Time ordinance does not prevent employers from asking.
Norovirus is the leading cause of foodborne illness in the United States.
- Find norovirus information in English
- Find norovirus information in Spanish
- Read tips on how to clean up vomit and diarrhea