The mission of the Minneapolis Department of Civil Rights (MDCR) is to:
- Enforce Minneapolis Code of Ordinances:
- Promote understanding of civil rights among residents, businesses and government.
To carry out this mission, we will:
- Investigate discriminatory practices against members of protected classes.
- Ensure that City of Minneapolis procurement of construction and development services, commodities and supplies, and professional and technical services includes women, minorities, and low income workers and businesses.
- Investigate and make recommendations about complaints brought against any Minneapolis Police Officer.
Limited in-person operations due to COVID-19
Due to COVID-19, the Department of Civil Rights is operating in a modified capacity. We are not able to hold in-person intakes, filings or meetings. Please file complaints or inquiries online or by contacting Minneapolis 311.
Staff are still available as usual during business hours and will respond to e-mails and voicemails.