Governing Policy: Mailing Policy
Department Approval: June 30, 2007
Administering Department: City Clerk
- The Document Solution Center/Mail Room is open 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- UPS packages are picked up at 3:30 p.m.
- The Mail Room provides information on international shipping and shipping hazardous material.
- Additional information is available at the UPS website.
- Provide a legible address with the package. Mail Room staff will provide UPS labels.
- Always include the recipient’s postal code with the complete street address. UPS will not accept P.O. boxes in lieu of street address.
- Always include a complete return address.
- Use a corrugated box with adequate strength for the item that is being sent.
- Provide internal protection, such as bubble pack, polystyrene peanuts, foam, corrugated liners or crumpled paper.
- Close the box securely using pressure-sensitive plastic or nylon-reinforced tape or water-activated reinforced tape. Do not use string, duct tape, masking tape or cellophane tape.
- Bring packages to the Mail Room no later than 2:00 p.m. to insure UPS pick up by 3:30 p.m.
- Weigh your package in the Mail Room. Write the weight on the package.
- Log your UPS package into the UPS logbook at the front counter to assist with tracking.
- Note any special instructions such as insurance or special delivery.
- Provide the Mail Room with accurate funding information for billing.