Governing Policy: Mailing Policy
Department Approval: June 30, 2007
Administering Department: City Clerk's Office
Services provided by the Document Solution Center/Mail Room
- Open 5 days a week, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Process outgoing US mail.
- Pick up and deliver interdepartmental mail once a day.
- Package pickup by the United Parcel Service (UPS).
- Information concerning mailing procedures.
- Assistance with special services such as Certified Mail, Registered Mail, Express Mail.
Services not provided
- Will not pick up or process personal mail.
- Will not forward mail to former employees.
- Mail received in the Mail Room after 4:00 will be processed the next business day.
- Use correct ZIP codes
- Place US Mail in the designated location within your department for pickup during the inter-office mail route.
- All mail is considered first class unless indicated otherwise.
- Use standard, bulk mail (3rd class) when possible.
- Update mailing lists regularly, both interoffice and U.S. Postal Service. USPS Forms “3576” are available in B27 for address updates.
- Mail not in compliance with the guidelines will not be processed.
- Departments with billings of less than $5 per month should use stamps.
- Do not co-mingle inter-departmental mail with first class mail.