|Governing Policy||Electronic Communications Policy|
|Type||Enterprise; Check with the Departmental Policy Coordinator for procedures specific to each department.|
|Applies To||City Council Departments|
|Synopsis||Users shall immediately report any suspected breach to the City’s information technology department.|
|History||Department Approval: Information Technology
Effective Date: 09/10/05
|Keywords||Computer, security, network|
Users shall not seek to purposefully bypass security protections on the City’s electronic communication or other computing systems, nor aid or assist others in doing so. Users shall immediately report any suspected breach to the City’s information technology department.
Reporting a suspected security breach
- To report a suspected security breach, contact the IT Service Desk at 612-673-2525.
- Be prepared to provide the agent with as much information as possible. This may include, but is not limited to, your name, telephone number, department, nature of suspected security violation and details about when, where and by whom it is occurring.
Roles & responsibilities
- Users are responsible for being conscientious about network security.
- Supervisors and managers are responsible for educating staff about security procedures.
- Failure to report security breaches may put the City at risk.