Governing Policy: Electronic Communications Policy
Policy Type: Enterprise (Check with the Departmental Policy Coordinator for procedures specific to each department.)
Applies To: City Council Departments
Department Approval: IT
Effective Date: August 10, 2005
Keywords: Computer, security, lock, password
Users shall secure their computer by enabling the screen lock feature when the computer is left unattended. This will minimize unauthorized access and use.
Locking Your Computer
- Simultaneously press the Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys.
- Select "Lock Computer" by clicking on it.
The computer is now secured until the user returns
Unlocking Your Computer
- To unlock, simultaneously press Ctrl, Alt and Delete keys again.
- Enter your password.
You may now resume working on your computer.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Users are responsible for securing their computer workstations.
- Supervisors and managers are responsible for educating staff about security procedures
- Failure to lock (secure) your computer workstation may allow unauthorized access to your computer and the enterprise network.