If the parade occurs exclusively on park property:
- Contact the Minneapolis Park Board for Park Permits and Reservations
- You do not need an additional permit from the city.
Your application must include:
- A legible map of the route map must be included.
- A detailed traffic control plan showing the location and type of traffic control signs.
- Provide authorized traffic control agents or police personnel at all intersections requiring traffic control.
- Provide volunteers to monitor barricades at all intersections not requiring traffic control personnel.
- Install and remove the following equipment as directed by Public Works or the Police Department:
- Delineation equipment
The city does not rent equipment. Local private firms rent the equipment.
City law requires you to notify residents and property owners near the parade route:
- By leaflet
- At least 48 hours, but not more than seven days, before the event
Shane Morton of Public Works and Sgt. Beth Mota of the Minneapolis Police Department must approve the parade route.
The following must comply with Chapter 1341 of the Minnesota State Building Code:
- Ingress and egress for people with disabilities
Application fee: $25, non-refundable
No parking sign posting fee: If you need to post temporary “No Parking” signs along a parade route, you must pay an additional fee. Contact Shane Morton of Public Works for the posting fee. You must pay the posting fee with the application.
Submit your application
You must submit your application at least five days before your event.
Dee Ann McQuerry
Public Works Traffic and Parking Services Division
Hawthorne Transportation Center
33 Ninth St. N., Room 100
Minneapolis, MN 55403-1326