Lodging facilities

You must have a license from the City to rent sleeping accommodations for five or more people for one week or more.


Lodging facilities:

  • Are buildings that rent sleeping accommodations for one week or more
  • Must have five or more beds
  • Include fraternity and sorority houses
  • May provide meals to residents
Sorority house

License application

Download the Lodging license application .

How to submit application

Submit your application to Business Licenses & Consumer Services:

  • By email
  • By U.S. mail
  • In person

Before you begin

Before you begin, look at our instructions about how to apply for a business license.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Health Department

Environmental Health




Public Service Center
505 Fourth Ave S, Room 520
Minneapolis, MN 55415