Before you begin
A license is required for:
- Antique Dealers
- Antique Mall Operators
- Auction House Dealers
One license is required for a business with multiple vendors using a single cash register.
A license is not required for:
- Sales such as garage, yard or estate, held on private property, or by a charitable organization.
- Items offered for sale are owned by the seller.
- The seller runs the sale and receives the proceeds.
- Sales are not longer than 72 hours.
- There are no more than two sales in any 12 month period.
- Sales of:
- Post cards
- Postage stamps
- Sales by licensed:
- Precious Metals Dealers
- Used Auto Parts Dealers
- Flea Markets, Temporary Markets or Exhibitors
- Public Market Vendors
A Class A license is for 400 or more reportable transactions per year.
You must provide a surety bond with your application for a Class A license.
A Class B license is for 399 or fewer reportable transactions per year.
A bond is not required for a Class B license.
Secondhand goods dealers in Minneapolis are required to be licensed.
Submit your application
If you have questions, contact: