- Previous Minneapolis Homes Program Manual - for projects funded in 2020 or before
- Minneapolis Preference Policy form
- Housing Development Checklist – this document guides you through program document requirements at each step of your project
- Requesting disbursement instructions
- Draw Requisition Form – use to track project expenses throughout your project
- Request for Change Order – required for any cost changes, submit to Construction Management Specialist
- Disbursement Request Form – use this to request a disbursement from Project Coordinator
- Minnesota Green Communities Intended Methods – submit both at closing and after construction completion
- Sworn Construction Statement
- Tennessen Warning – collect this when obtaining private data from purchasing household
- Income Eligibility Worksheet
- Homebuyer Household Characteristics Form
- Homeownership Certification Application
- Homebuyer Closing Documentation Checklist
- Visitability Waiver
Minneapolis Homes: Financing Program
The goal of the Minneapolis Homes: Financing Program is to eliminate racial disparities in homeownership and develop one to 20 units of ownership housing affordable and accessible to low to moderate income households throughout the City of Minneapolis. The program has a yearly competitive application process to sell City-owned properties and provide financing for affordable ownership developments that meet City goals.
Applications were accepted until Friday, January 7, 2022 at 1 p.m. We anticipate the next application this fall. Sign up for the Minneapolis Homes listserv to be notified of future opportunities.
Applicant training materials
Our materials explain the application and development options.
- Minneapolis Homes: Financing - 1-20 unit ownership housing New Construction or Rehabilitation video
- Minneapolis Homes: Financing - Stabilization of occupied housing
- Question and answer session presentation video
- Application Walkthrough
Minneapolis Homes staff lead a walkthrough of the application materials for purchasing City owned property and applying for financing through Minneapolis Homes for ownership housing developments.
After completion of the training sessions applicants can contact Minneapolis Homes staff to ask questions or to discuss their proposals.
- Minneapolis Homes: Financing Program Manual
- Program Guidelines
- Sustainability Certification Funding Incentive
- Ownership Subsidy and Affordable Sales Price Limits