We ensure safe homes for residents and support well-run businesses.
Our services and approach
See the person affected by the code
We have a renter-centered approach.
Housing Liaisons enforce this by:
- Answering complaints about property owner:
- Reducing the impact of City rules on renters
View rental housing as community resource
- Keep units safe with the:
- Housing Maintenance Code
- State Fire Codes
- Aim to rehab properties on the Vacant Building Registry
- Review structural fires
- Do neighborhood sweeps to reduce nuisance issues
- Inspect in-person and virtually with help from:
Issue commercial permits, inspect and reduce fire hazards
- Inspect businesses
- Manage Vacant and Boarded Registration
- Inspect child care and foster care
- Manage hazardous waste facilities
- Manage fire permits
- Manage fire safety at events
Put people and communities first
We run two programs for residents in need.
Homeowner Navigators help senior, veteran and disabled homeowners with:
Open housing orders
In-home safety hazards
Housing Liaisons help renters with housing problems.