|City Council Departments
Publication Policy and Procedures for production of major publications
Council Approval: 2003R-653 (Dec. 29, 2003)
Effective Date: Dec. 29, 2003
|Publications, brochures, pamphlets
In order to have accurate, necessary and timely communication with our residents, the Communications Department will approve and coordinate the production of all major publications within the City. This oversight will not only be cost-effective, but will result in consistent visual and verbal messages that are effective and accurate. It will also create a tracking system which will eliminate duplicate publications and save City departments money. The Communications Department will provide assistance with writing, editing, and graphic design, allowing department staff to focus on their area of expertise.
How to Request an evaluation
To have your publication evaluated for approval, please contact the Communications Department.
You will need to get approval from the Communications Department for all major publications (This policy does not include communications from the Mayor or City Council offices). These include:
- Reports – Communications approves reports distributed to more than 250 people
- Newsletters – Communications approves all newsletters from departments
- Utility billing inserts – Communications reviews all utility billing inserts before Council approval
- Brochures – Communications approves all brochures
- Pamphlets – Communications approves all pamphlets
- Posters – Communications approves all posters
- Letters, postcards and other mailers that get essential information to residents – Communications approves letters, postcards and other mailers distributed to more than 200 people at a time