For more than 30 years, the City of Minneapolis has enriched the lives of residents and visitors through public art.
We integrate public art into City planning, service design and infrastructure to:
- Contribute to the City's vibrancy and the livability of public places
- Build pride in the community
- Celebrate cultural heritage
- Inspire discussion about issues affecting the quality of life and future aspirations
- Attract visitors
Developing public artworks allows artists and community leaders to shape City spaces and neighborhoods.
- Provides new commissions through the Art in Public Places program
- Conserves and maintains the City’s collection of more than 70 works in Minneapolis
- Supports other departments and agencies developing public facilities, infrastructure and public art projects
- Provides permits to neighborhoods and community groups for art projects in the public realm