Partners: Finance and Property Services
The new Public Service Building is at 505 Fourth Ave. S. diagonally across from City Hall. It co-locates City employees and services from several sites throughout downtown to serve the City’s broad range of constituents. The design team for building includes the Minneapolis firm MSR (Meyer, Scherer & Rockcastle) working in partnership with the international firm Henning Larsen.
Goals of the public art project
- Create a public space that is inviting, pleasant and compelling for visiting businesses and residents.
- Reflect the culture and diversity of the city through history and storytelling.
- Reflect the mission of public service, the City’s commitment to transparency, and educate the public about the City services.
- Support a work environment that promotes wellness, a diversity of work styles, collaboration, and innovation.
- Be thoughtfully integrated into the architectural identity and design, materials, and palette.
- Be contemporary, yet timelessly elegant, and meaningful.
- Enhance the focal points, entrances, plazas, and wayfinding systems.
- Celebrate the sustainability goals of this project and the facility.
- Be durable and maintainable in Minneapolis' climate and urban environment.