We require the following for retaining walls that are more than four feet tall:
- Zoning check and site plan
- Construction plan review
Homeowners can perform work on their own property. Above rules are for retaining walls totally enclosed on the homeowner’s property. Walls on neighboring properties or public areas require additional permissions and procedures.
Before you start
Review the following:
- Minimum Standards for Dwellings
- Interior Remodeling or Alterations
- Exterior Remodeling or Alterations
- Finding a licensed contractor
- Hiring a Residential Contractor – what do I need to know?
- Site Plans
- Zoning Approval
- Inspection Process
- Property Line Information
- Property Line Location