- Permit (exception: Decks, platforms and stoops that are not more than 30 inches above adjacent grade, are not attached to a structure with frost footings and that do not serve the required exit door of the dwelling)
- Zoning check and site plan
- Construction plan review
We do not require a contractor if the homeowner does their own work. If you hire a contractor, the contractor must have a state contractor's license.
Before you start
Review the following:
- Decks and Building Permits (1 and 2 Family Dwellings)
- Interior Remodeling or Alterations
- Exterior Remodeling or Alterations
- Finding a licensed contractor
- Hiring a Residential Contractor – what do I need to know?
- Site Plans
- Zoning Approval