Engagement focus area
People who live, work, shop and visit this area will be most affected by the redevelopment. We want to engage you in our planning.
Our engagement focus area extends one half mile in each direction beyond the redevelopment area. It includes portions of the following neighborhoods.
- Phillips West
Our engagement focus area includes everything between:
- 26th Street on the north
- Portland Avenue on the east
- 34th Street on the south
- Lyndale Avenue on the west
Public Engagement Framework
We completed our public engagement framework document in 2021.
A PDF of the document is available on our Legislative Information Management System (LIMS).
We started Phase 1 in 2022 and completed it in January of 2023.
Our goals were to:
- Create open dialogues with community members in the area, and
- Identify the communities’ desired outcomes.
We contracted with a diverse group of organizations, including:
- NEOO Partners Inc.
- Whittier Alliance
- Phillips West Neighborhood Organization
- Central Area Neighborhood Development Organization (CANDO)
- Lyndale Neighborhood Association
- Fortune Relief and Youth Empowerment Organization (FRAYEO)
- Lake Street Council
There are two reports that document this phase.
- Phase I Engagement Summary
- Desired Outcomes
Phase 2 work includes three parts:
- Part 1, Uses and Priorities: June - August 2023
- Part 2, Concept design options: Sept - October 2023
- Part 3, Concept recommendation: November 2023 - February 2024
We'll invite the public to events and activities so we can get feedback.
By early 2024, staff will bring two recommendations to the Mayor and City Council.
- The New Nicollet Concept Layout Plan
- The Public Space Framework