Engagement focus area
People who live, work, shop and visit this area will be most affected by the redevelopment. We want to engage you in our planning.
Our engagement focus area extends one half mile in each direction beyond the redevelopment area. It includes portions of the following neighborhoods.
- Phillips West
Our engagement focus area includes everything between:
- 26th Street on the north
- Portland Avenue on the east
- 34th Street on the south
- Lyndale Avenue on the west
Public Engagement Framework
We completed our public engagement framework document in 2021.
A PDF of the document is available on our Legislative Information Management System (LIMS).
We started Phase 1 in 2022 and completed it in January of 2023.
Our goals were to:
- Create open dialogues with community members in the area, and
- Identify the communities’ desired outcomes.
We contracted with a diverse group of organizations, including:
- NEOO Partners Inc.
- Whittier Alliance
- Phillips West Neighborhood Organization
- Central Area Neighborhood Development Organization (CANDO)
- Lyndale Neighborhood Association
- Fortune Relief and Youth Empowerment Organization (FRAYEO)
- Lake Street Council
There are two reports that document this phase.
- Phase I Engagement Summary
- Desired Outcomes
Phase 2 work takes place in 2023.
We'll invite the public to events and activities so we can get feedback.
By the end of the year, staff will bring two recommendations to the Mayor and City Council.
- The New Nicollet Layout Plan
- The Public Space Framework
New Nicollet Redevelopment Team