The Climate Action Plan is a roadmap to reducing our city's climate impact. Our target goals by 2025 are to:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 30%
- Generate 10% of our electricity from local, renewable sources
- Raise the bicycle commute mode share to 15%
- Increase our recyclnig rate to 50%
- Reach a composting rate of 15% of the entire waste stream
The final plan provides a roadmap to guide Minneapolis towards our greenhouse gas emissions reduction targets.
Between 2012 and early 2013, we updated the Minneapolis Climate Action Plan. We worked with members of the community as well as the public, private, and non-profit sectors.
We worked with a Steering Committee and Technical Advisory Groups to improve the Climate Action Plan. These groups included technical experts and community representatives. We developed strategies for three key areas:
- Buildings and energy
- Transportation and land use
- Waste and recycling
The final Climate Action Plan was adopted by City Council on June 28, 2013.
Minneapolis Climate Action Plan (Word version )
Appendix A - Glossary
Appendix B - Assumptions in Calculating Expected Emissions
Appendix C - Environmental Justice Working Group Recommendations
Appendix D - Public Health Analysis