The Step Up Application for 2021 has closed. Please look for the 2022 application to open in December 2021.
To be eligible you must
- Live in Minneapolis.
- Be 14-21 years old on June 1, 2021.
- Not be currently enrolled in college (PSEO is okay). Current college students may consider the Urban Scholars Program.
- Be eligible to work in the U.S. by June 1, 2021
AND one of the following must also apply:
- Meet family income guidelines (See Below)
- Be a student with a disability
- Have an IEP or 504 plan
- Be an English Language Learner
- Be pregnant or parenting
- Be experiencing homelessness or high mobility
- Be involved in the foster care system
- Have been involved in the justice system
Your Family’s income should be at or below these levels. This is a guideline only. If you aren’t sure if you qualify, please apply!
- 1 person in family: $54,950
- 2 persons $62,800
- 3 persons $70,650
- 4 persons $78,500
- 5 persons $84,800
- 6 persons $91,100
- 7 persons $97,350
- 8 persons $103,650
After you apply
- Students will be advised of their Step Up application status through mail and email the week of February 22, 2021.
- If you are accepted, you will be scheduled to attend work readiness training in March or April. You must complete all training to be eligible for a STEP UP job.
- Be sure to check your email at least once a week for important information about acceptance and training.