Find permit requirements for stages at events.
- A building permit if any of the following are 30” or more above the ground or floor:
- Elevated platform
- Seating area
- Stage with a finished floor
- A plot plan showing:
- Boundaries of the property
- Location and dimensions of the stage on the property
- Location and distance of the nearest fire hydrant
- An electrical permit if you are using:
- Electrical cords
- Other equipment
- A statement from a Minneapolis registered architect or engineer stating the structure can hold at least 150 pounds per square foot live load.
- A 42" high guardrail for public safety.
- Stairs with:
- Risers not more than 7" high
- Treads that are no less than 11" wide
- Handrails between 34" and 38", located on both sidesRead M
- Landing width not less than the width of the stairways or ramps
Stages must comply with state code.
Submit your application
The following must comply with Chapter 1341 of the Minnesota State Building Code:
- Ingress and egress for people with disabilities
You can meet with a customer service representative about stages at events.