Pedal cars

You need a license from the City to operate a pedal car.


A pedal car is:

  • A non-motorized vehicle
  • Powered by passengers sitting on bicycle-type seats and pedaling
  • Often referred to as a pedal pub or party bike

A pedal car company owns one or more pedal cars for transporting up to 16 passengers. Passengers may drink alcohol while riding.

A pedal car driver operates the pedal car vehicle.

pedal pub car

More information


Report concerns about a business


The information on this page should serve only as guidelines. 

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415


Minneapolis 311


Office hours

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday