Short-term rental hosting

You must be licensed to provide short-term rental hosting through an internet service. These services include Airbnb and Vacation Rentals By Owner (Vrbo).


Short-term rental hosts use an internet program to provide booking services for their rental property.

Examples of internet programs include:

  • Airbnb
  • Vrbo
room interior

Before you begin

Look at our information about:  


Download Short-Term Rental Hosting Internet Platform Application


Find your license fee

Personal information form

When applying for a short-term rental hosting internet platform license, submit an information form from each of the following:

  • Applicant
  • Contact person
  • Owners

View the Short Term Rental Hosting Platform Personal Information Form

Submit your application

Submit your application to Business Licenses & Consumer Services

If you have questions, contact:

More Information


Report concerns about a lodging business


The information on this page should serve as a guidelines only. 

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415


Minneapolis 311


Office hours

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday

Regulatory Services


Minneapolis Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 510
Minneapolis, MN 55415

Office hours

8 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Monday – Friday

See list of City holidays