Grocery accessory store
Before you begin
Look at our information about:
Accessory use grocery store:
- Cannot accept government supplemental nutritional programs.
- Must follow State and City regulations:
- Must record some employee illnesses:
See City and State food safety resources:
Grocery, Accessory Use stores in Minneapolis are required to be licensed. Get a license application from Minneapolis Business Licenses.
Submit your application
If you have questions, contact:
Food plan review
You must submit plans to:
- Open a new food or alcohol business, including:
- Food carts
- Food kiosks
- Food trucks
- Remodel or expand an existing food or alcohol business
- Replace food equipment that needs any of these permits for installation:
- Add ventless cooking equipment or ventless hoods
The City must approve your plans before you start any work.
Your food handling methods determine how often the City will inspect your business.
The information on this page should serve as a guideline only.