Before you begin
Look at our information about:
If you park within 100 feet of a licensed grocery store or a farmers market, you need permission from the grocery store or farmers market.
Food trucks must:
- Have liability insurance in the amount of $500,000.
- Follow State and City regulations:
- Record some employee illnesses:
You are responsible for food safety. This includes control of food from preparation to serving customers.
See City and State food safety resources:
Grocery trucks in Minneapolis are required to be licensed. Get a license application from Minneapolis Business Licenses.
Submit your application
If you have questions, contact:
Food plan review
You must submit plans to:
- Open a new food or alcohol business, including:
- Food carts
- Food kiosks
- Food trucks
- Remodel or expand an existing food or alcohol business
- Replace food equipment that needs any of these permits for installation:
- Add ventless cooking equipment or ventless hoods
The City must approve your plans before you start any work.
Your food handling methods determine how often the City will inspect your business.
The information on this page should serve as a guideline only.