Indoor food cart
Before you begin
Indoor food carts must:
- Follow State and City regulations:
- Record some employee illnesses:
You are responsible for food safety. This includes control of food from preparation to serving customers.
See City and State food safety resources:
Indoor food carts in Minneapolis must be licensed.
Submit your application
If you have questions, contact:
Food plan review
You must submit plans to:
- Open a new food or alcohol business, including:
- Food carts
- Food kiosks
- Food trucks
- Remodel or expand an existing food or alcohol business
- Replace food equipment that needs any of these permits for installation:
- Add ventless cooking equipment or ventless hoods
The City must approve your plans before you start any work.
Your food handling methods determine how often the City will inspect your business.
The information on this page should serve as a guideline only.