Before you begin
See How to open a new business
- The group must register with the City.
- Only one registration is required for each group.
- We do not charge a fee to register.
- The City will give you ID cards when you register.
- Each person in the group must carry and display an ID card when working.
See Youth Fundraising application
We do not charge a fee to register your youth fundraising group.
Submit your application
Submit your application to Business Licenses & Consumer Services
If you have questions, contact:
Report concerns about a business
The information on this page should serve only as guidelines.
Request accessible format
If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.
Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.
Business Licenses & Consumer Services
Community Planning & Economic Development
Public Service Building
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415
7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday