Before you begin, see our instructions on how to apply for an alcohol license.
Off-Sale 3.2 Beer : Selling 3.2 beer in original packages in drugstores, grocery stores or gas stations for drinking away from the business.
Off-Sale Liquor : Selling liquor, wine or beer in original packages in liquor stores for drinking away from the business.
Liquor store requirements
Businesses that sell off-sale liquor must follow state statutes and City ordinances:
- Our local laws include both business license and zoning regulations.
- There are no exceptions to these requirements.
If you are considering a location outside of the B4 Downtown zoning district
Before you apply for an off-sale liquor license, you must meet all the required, minimum standards:
- More than 2000 feet from an existing off-sale store (front door to front door)
- Zoned C2 or higher, or Industrial
- Five contiguous acres of appropriately zoned property
- More than 300 feet from a religious institution or a school (property line to property line)
You can see a map of current off-sale businesses:
- The businesses have a 2,000 foot bubble and appropriate zoning
- This map does not include religious institutions or schools because the data is not reliable.