Corporate name change

Update your records if you change your legal name.

If you change the legal name of your business, we need to update this information on your license. This assumes no changes are made to your MN Secretary of State file number or MN Sales Tax ID number.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415