Late night food

You need a license to serve food late at night in Minneapolis.


To get a late night food license, your business must:

  • Be licensed as a restaurant or a banquet facility
  • Serve at least four of any of the following:
    • Entrees
    • Sandwiches
    • Main food items

Note that you may not serve alcohol after regular hours.

Red neon sign that reads late nite eats


Get a license application from Minneapolis Business Licenses.

See Special Late Night Food Application


Find your license fee

Submit your application  

Submit your application to Business Licenses & Consumer Services

If you have questions, contact:

More information


Report concerns about a business with an alcohol license


The information on this page should serve as a guideline only.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415


Minneapolis 311


Office hours

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday