All night bowling, pool or billiards

Bowling alleys or pool halls with an on-sale liquor, wine or beer license may stay open 24 hours a day.


To get an all night bowling, pool or billiards license, you must currently:

  • Have a bowling alley license or a pool hall/billiards license
  • Sell liquor, wine or beer

Note that you may not serve alcohol after your regular hours with this license.

Person playing pool at night


You need a license to stay open late hours in Minneapolis. 

See All Night Bowling, Pool or Billiards Application


Find your license fee

Submit your application  

Submit your application to Business Licenses & Consumer Services

If you have questions, contact:

More information


Report concerns about a business with an alcohol license


The information on this page should serve as a guideline only.

Request accessible format

If you need help with this information, please email 311, or call 311 or 612-673-3000.

Please tell us what format you need. It will help us if you say what assistive technology you use.

Contact us

Business Licenses & Consumer Services

Community Planning & Economic Development






Public Service Building 
505 Fourth Ave. S., Room 220
Minneapolis, MN 55415


Minneapolis 311


Office hours

7 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Monday – Friday