We flush water hydrants on a regular basis to
- Help maintain good water quality
- Verify the hydrants are in working order
Your water may discolor when we flush a nearby hydrant
- This happens because the flushing process stirs up mineral deposits inside the pipe.
- We can't predict if your water will discolor.
- It is safe to drink discolored water.
Things to avoid when we are flushing hydrants in your area
- Doing laundry, especially light colors
- Letting children get too close to our work area