Draft Racial Equity Framework for Transportation
The City has released a Draft Racial Equity Framework for Transportation (REF).
Elements of the draft REF include:
- A definition of and commitment to transportation equity
- Four goals to guide the work
- Build organizational empathy
- Lead with a racial equity approach
- Build trust, cultivate partnerships and share power with communities of color
- Hold ourselves accountable to data-driven reporting and adjustments
- An overview of historic inequities, including an acknowledgment of past harms
- Data that show ongoing inequities related to race and transportation in Minneapolis
- Transportation Equity Priority areas that define how the City considers equity for transportation work. This work includes plans, programs and projects
- 24 strategies and 64 actions across the 4 goal areas to chart the course forward for the City
- 10 metrics to track and report on over time on progress made
A Draft Transportation Equity Dashboard accompanies the REF. It is a resource that goes into more depth about the elements above.